Tuesday 19 January 2016

#RYBSAT Readathon

If you aren't already aware of what RYBSAT (Read Your Bookshelf-athon) is, it is a week long reading marathon where you pick a spot on your shelf and basically read along the shelf, one book after another. It starts today (Tuesday,  January 19th) and ends on Monday, January 25th.

I'm quite lucky that most of the books on my shelf at the moment I haven't read so I have quite a lot of choice as to where to start.

I've debated and changed my mind about where I wanted to start so many times already it's ridiculous. I debated starting on the right side of my book shelf where all of my The Mortal Instruments series books are as I really want to finish those, I debated starting in the centre and reading some of my newer books, I also debated starting just after the Throne of Glass series and basically marathoning Harry Potter. However, after much deliberation I have decided to start on the left side of my book shelf starting with Keep Your Friends Close by Paula Daly. I decided to start here as I've had these books the longest and I think it is time for them to finally be read.

I have no idea how many books I'll read this week (especially since it is already 16 hours into the readathon and I haven't read a word), but ideally I would love to get through Keep Your Friends Close by Paula Daly, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time by Mark Haddon and Poison Study by Maria V Snyder. I would also like to start Paper Towns by John Green but we'll see if that happens.



It'll be really nice if I can polish off these books this week as they have been sat on my shelf for a while. However, I'm not going to force myself to read when I don't want to because that will just make me resent the book I'm reading rather than love it.

Wish me luck! I'll let you know how I got on in a post next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment