Thursday 31 December 2015

New Years Resolutions!

1. Blog at least once a week
Doing the little December challenge has made me realise how much I enjoy blogging and it's also made me realise that if I can put up a blog post every day for 25 days, it shouldn't be too hard to put up one a week! I've been doing pretty well so far with a post every two days since the challenge ended. I just really enjoy blogging and I'd like to be more committed to it in 2016.

2. Read 52 books
This is going to be a more difficult one. I'm the kind of person who will read like 10 books in the space of two weeks and then for two months after I won't read a thing. I really love reading though so this year my goal is to read 52 books or a book a week. I've even written a post about a reading challenge I'll be taking part in to help me along. You can read that post here.

3. Eat better
Not necessarily healthier, just better. I'm prone to having a lot of pasta and pot noodles, especially while at university, I want to get into the habit of making proper meals for myself. This is probably going to take some meal planning and a lot of Pinterest searching.

4. Keep My Surroundings Tidy
In a post about how I de-stress I wrote about how when things around me are tidy, it makes me feel more organised, less stressed and just better about myself in general. So in 2016 I want to make more of an effort in this area.

5. Keep Organised/Plan more
I find it easier to keep my surroundings tidy when I plan in time to do it. My typical planning method is checklists, I love ticking off things I've done during the day, it keeps me organised, makes sure everything I want done is done and makes me feel accomplished when I get to tick something off my list. However, I'll go a few days where I do this really well and then one day I won't do it and it ends up not being done for weeks. So, in 2016 I want to make more of an effort to plan and organise my time.

6. Hydrate - Keep track of my water intake
I am the worst at remembering to drink water, it's just not something I think about during the day. There are so many benefits to drinking enough water so I would really really like to up my water intake this year.

7. Go to bed/wake up earlier
So I honestly can't see this one happening, but I can hope. I always find myself waking up past 11am and just feeling like my whole day is gone. Getting up earlier makes the day feel longer, makes me feel more motivated to do things and just makes me feel good. I am well aware that going to bed at 1am does not help with wanting to get up earlier so I also need to try and go to bed earlier! We'll see how that goes...

8. Check up on my progress every month/few months
I'd really love to blog about my progress regularly, I think it'll help me stay motivated and it'll be an incentive to do well so I'm not all embarrassed about posting that I've failed all of these things!

What are your New Year's resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment