Sunday 6 December 2015

Day 6: Annie (1999)

So you know when you sit down to watch a movie, and you've got food and you're all snuggled up in bed and everything's perfect... And then the laptop decides it needs to do updates and doesn't let you reschedule them for later. Yep. So that happened. Seven minutes into the film.

Thanks laptop <3

But on the plus side, I have chicken noodle soup and onion rings and bread and butter. Well I don't actually have onion rings any more because I ate them.

Todays film was Annie, and before you tell me Annie isn't a Christmas film, IT TOTALLY IS A CHRISTMAS FILM. She gets to stay at Mr Warbucks'  house over Christmas, therefore, Christmas film!

Musicals are probably my favourite type of film and my favourites are all from the 1900s because that's when huge orchestras were still used to highlight every movement and emphasise every moment in a film. I love being able to listen to a film soundtrack and remember exactly what was happening in the movie at that point because of all the little things going on in the music. I also love how much this film is set out like broadway show with small sets and huge dance routines.

I feel like I got a lot done this weekend so (even though it's already 10pm) I'm going to spend the rest of the evening relaxing and watching YouTube videos and possible reading. (I 100% recommend Sarah J Mass as an author by the way. I highly recommend her Throne of Glass series, it's amazing.)

Overall I give Annie (1999):

No comments:

Post a Comment