Friday 20 June 2014

Summer Make-Up

Summer has finally rolled around in Wales and so I've found it appropriate to switch up make-up products to a lighter and brighter look! 

I usually start my make-up routine off with some concealer under my eyes and on any little blemishes I may have. The concealer I'm using right now is Rimmel's Wake Me Up concealer. I absolutely love Rimmel products, they feel very light on my skin and that feeling is perfect for the heat of summer. I'm pretty sure that near enough every product in my every day make-up routine is Rimmel. Hmm.. maybe I'm a tad obsessed?

After concealer, I go in with my Rimmel Match Perfection foundation in 010 Light Porcelain. I used to use the Wake Me Up foundation however, I am very pale and I found that even the lightest shade left me looking a little orange. So, I switched to Match Perfection which is the perfect shade for my skin and I've also found that a little bit of this foundation goes a long way, much further than that of the Wake Me Up foundation, it is so much easier to blend and feels much lighter on my skin.

Next, I use Rimmel's Stay Matte pressed powder in 001 Transparent. Just to set my foundation and concealer and to get rid of any shine on my face.
For blush I use Bourjois Paris's blush in 48 Cendre De Rose Brune. This is a nice bright and light pink colour that is perfect for summer, it is also very pigmented however, that's not always a good thing as the blush can be hard to blend.
I don't tend to wear a lot of make-up on my eyes mainly because I feel like too much makes the eyes look smaller and I often find that eyeshadows feel heavy and uncomfortable, and they often end up smudging on hot days. So, all I wear on my eyes is Rimmel's Special Eyes eyeliner in black on  my upper water-line and Rimmel's Volume Flash Scandaleyes Mascara on my eyelashes.









Lastly, I like to change up what I wear on my lips depending on what I feel like wearing for that day. But, recently I bought the Bourjois Paris Color Boost Lipstick in 04 Peach On The Beach and I am in love with it. I literally haven't worn another lipstick since I bought it. It's a light pink lipstick and a perfect summer colour. It's quite pigmented but not over the top, it feels very light and has a gorgeous glossy finish to it. It is definitely my go-to lipstick this summer and I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment